Amir Thaleb born in
Argentina, a descendant of Arabs is in the list of the principal and
best Bellydance teachers and dancers in the world, recognized by masters
in the Middle East, Europe, Latin America, Canada and the United States.
Due to this broad recognition and admiration, Amir is constantly
teaching seminars and performing in countries all over the world.
He receives in his school a large amount of students from throughout
Argentina and abroad, that with great effort cross different latitudes
to take his classes. After a long time seeking and researching, he is
able to shape his art with spiritual sense and an exquisite selection of
the best. Because of this he is highly appreciated.
He is a nimble and handsome dancer, with a feline style and sensual
charisma, hard not to be noticed. His audience, even the most skeptical
ones, is attracted by his sensitive magic. His very personal way of
dancing is based on autochthonic roots but of contemporary vanguard
style. He is admired by his colleagues and celebrated by specialized
Amir has reached great successes so far; and has danced in the following
• Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Honduras, Mexico (DF,
Guadalajara, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Axapta), Venezuela (Caracas),
Colombia (Bogota), Ecuador (Quito), United States (Miami, Seattle,
Texas, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Orlando, Naples, Las Vegas),
Canada (Montreal, Québec, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto).
• Egypt (invited by the Opera House and The Academy of Fine Art in 1984
and the International Dance Festival of Raqia Hassan as master and
dancer in 2006, 2007 and 2008).
• Greece, Spain (Madrid, Murcia, Jaen, Barcelona, Valencia, Tenerife),
Italy (Florence, Genoa, Torino), Germany (Berlin, Dusseldorf), Belgium
(Brussels), Russia (Saint Petersburg), France (Paris, Saint Etienne,
• Taiwán (Taipei), Korea (Seoul).
He has received the following awards and honors:
• “Michael Borowsky” - granted by UNESCO in 1988.
• “Ugarit” and “Khalil Gibran” granted by the Arab Community in
• “The best new star” granted by Giza Academy Awards in the United
States in 2001.
• His Arabian Dance School has been considered by the CIAD, as the best
professional school in South America.
• Declared “Prodigal Son” by General Pueyrredón council, Mar del Plata
(city where he was born), Argentina in 2006.
• Declared “Visitante distinguido” by Santiago del Estero Council,
• He was granted with the “Appreciation Award” by the Taiwan Belly Dance
Association for his contribution to Oriental Dance in that country
• He has been nominated by the Kaohsiung Belly Dance Association as
“Permanent Consultant” for the development of oriental dance in Taiwan
He is the author of the book "The hidden
language of the Vintage Belly Dance" published in Spanish, English and
Italian languages. The introducing of is book has been sponsored by “La
feria del libro” in Argentina and by the FNAC in Italy.
the EIDA in Argentina, regarded as world record in audience by the
specialized European magazines.
He has given conferences in the National Library in Geneva, Italy. He
was distinguished for his artistic work in OGGI, the Italian magazine.
He has been invited to various national and international television
programs, UNIVISION, NBC,
ANTENA 3 and RAI (Italia), among others.
He has shared the stage with the most prominent Middle Eastern stars,
such as Nagwa Fuad, Farida Fahmi, Mahmoud Reda, Tito, Randa Kamel, Dina,
Ahmet Luleci, Raqia Hassan, Jillina, Aziza and Virginia. He has also
danced to the music of the most important Arabian violinist; Abu Abdel
Al, among other important artists.
His main dance teachers have been:
• his father Jose Ape, Ricardo Novich, Beatriz Shkraiber, Ricardo Rivas,
Hector Louzau from Argentina.
• Yousry Sharif, Mahmoud Reda, Farida Fahmi, Raqia Hassan from Egypt.
• Name Name from Lebanon.
• Enric Castan from Barcelona.
• Adolfo Andrade from France.
• Carlos Palacios from the Colon Theater in art direction.
• Mauricio Rinaldi from the Colon Theater in artistic illumination.
Amir Thaleb is the mentor of new techniques that raise the Middle
Eastern art towards new forms of theatrical expression; with actualized
dynamism of an exquisite and refined artistic style. This method has
been adopted by many international schools, as the “The Thaleb
Technique”. He is considered the master creator of the Big Stage in
Oriental Dance, mentor of the Dance of the Future and named as “The Art
Bridge between East and West”.
He is the creator and director of the Arabian Dance Company (ADC),
Oriental Ballet Company, which he presents in the most important
theaters in Argentina and abroad.
Amir Thaleb presides very important events that take place every year
• Encuentro Internacional de Danzas Árabes (EIDA) which is held in
• National Congress of Arab Dance of Mexico.
• National Congress of Arab dance with Ailema, in the city of Genoa,
• Art Festival of Arab Dance in Carlos Paz, Córdoba, Argentina.
• Art Festival of Arab Dance in the city of Mar Del Plata, Argentina.
• Guest Star at the Festival of “Ahlan Wa Sahlam” organized by Raqia
Hassan in Cairo, Egypt.
• Master and exclusive dancer of the Encuentro Patagónico de Danzas
Árabes in Neuquén, Argentina.
• Exclusive artist of the Italian festival “Stella de Oriente” organized
by Aziza, in Torino, Italy.
Translated into English by Salomé Mayo.